“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Thin, Bright Line

Last night you came

In my dreams.

You were sitting on a chair

And glanced sideways

At me, standing.


You looked young and slightly plumb.

You never were plumb, I thought in my dream,

Amused.


You talked to me; kind words -

And smiled gently, with warmth.

Listening, I wondered happily

How you had changed.


In my dream, I remember

I wished, wistfully

At the images beginning to fade

That it wasn't a dream.


But then -

As it narrowed to a thin bright line

And then to a receding dot

In a pitch black screen -


A dove sitting on the window sill

Rose, in a flurry of wings.

**************** Balachandran V, Trivandrum 22.09.2009



7 comments:

  1. i too wondered if the person undergone some metamorphosis..too shock no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get these wonderful photographs ? they enliven ure blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful images very close to my heart Balanji.. nice to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pjk: Thanks! I would be happy if you could care to look at the earlier poems too, at your leisure. I would value your critical opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!