“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Song of Songs



My beloved spake, and said unto me, 


Rise up, my love, my fair one and come away. 


For, lo, the winter is past,


the rain is over and gone;


the flower appear on the earth;


the time of the singing of birds is come, 


and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; 


the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, 


and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. 


Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. 


*********
The Song of Solomon, 2:10-13
                    King James Bible 

4 comments:

  1. This song was adapted in the Malayalam movie of the late Sri Padmarajan, "Namukku parkan Munthitithoppukal".
    There is a scene in which the main male character narrates the poem in malayalam. He in fact reads it off the Bible.
    In fact the lines and the particular situation in that movie was disposed, one to the other.Beautiful lines of love and intimacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite passage from the Bible. The entire book of Song of Songs is a duet between the Lover and His bride.

    Lover being the personification of Christ and His bride being the church.

    These words are so true in the present times as His return to take away the Church - also known as the trapture - is imminent!

    Thank you for sharing. It comes as a reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful lines of love. I have more to say but not appropriate here. Will email my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!