“through the act of living, the discovery of oneself is made concurrently with the discovery of the world around us. . ."

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Steve and I


Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Steve said - 'I needed to change somethin' , coz
What I'm doin' now ain't what I'd do
if today woz the day I'd conk out'.

I looked at his exclusive apple store,
where his apples were too good to eat.
Then he went out and bought drawing pencils
and started to draw letters like a kid in primary -
he asked me - ' How do you spell apple?'

He never could spell it right so instead
he drew a picture of an apple
The drawing looked so good I felt like
biting into it and bit.

Steve asked me -'Hey, kiddo, wotchyugonnado
if you gonna meet your maker today, uh?'
I gaped at him and said - 'Why, if this fuckin' day
is gonna be my last fuckin' day on this fuckin' world
I'm gonna go home straight and grab my dawg Sancho
I'll lie on the cool bare floor and pull him close and smell
his shampooed fur deep and it'll be warm and I'll go to sleep
I'll go to sleep till I die 'coz the last thing I'd remember is the smell
of my dog and the last thing I'd feel is the warmth of his love'.
**********


 "I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."


Steve was a guy I had greatly admired. I could never buy an Apple or Mac or Ipad or Ipod but have 
touched them and fiddled with them all the time my jaw kept getting dropped. 


Steve, if you are up there with the Grand Old Man, do design something for him so that he can make better humans.  And Steve, apple is spelt  A-P-P-L-E, got it? See you sometime!


******** Balachandran V, Trivandrum 



6 comments:

  1. Balan Balan..

    I bow. People have been copying each others' msg and stating "iSAD', "iCRY' and putting up his Stanford commencement speech and all that to pay a tribute to him on facebook and other forums..

    Never once did you mention "genius", "legacy', "God" and all that as everyone else.

    As Steve would say "You have baked a nice cake. A fuckin' tribute fit for me" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tribute. I hope he helps design sleek humans too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tribute! The Art guy sitting next to me who uses a huge Mac (27 inches) almost broke down when the news of Steve's death came. Such loyal following the legend enjoyed, all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your writings are fascinating and informative...Wonderful tribute Balan:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gaped at him and said - 'Why, if this fuckin' day
    is gonna be my last fuckin' day on this fuckin' world

    I touch tons of pain there Balachandran.Sometimes you can paint red and witness grey..What to do ?

    On your last lines-Sancho and the way you wanted to finish it all,I am far behind to catch that feeling myself.Since I never had pets.I kept away from doggies,coz of many horrible attacks from childhood.I always see what you wrote about Sancho as something I wanted to learn from you.Yet from the lines what I got is a kind of brushing away from the so called 'civilized','polished' world.Being the real self and you want to be the 'real' you without inhibitions with Sancho..Though I am not sure what you really feel.

    On a finishing note,it's a very creative and jovial Steve versus a very creative yet lousy self..The sense of being hollow.Whatever,I don't know why I always see an aloof and sage-like Balachandran inside ..

    Painful !

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word, please!